Author Post
Carolyn
Sat Sep 13 2008, 01:00AM
Thanks much.

Carolyn
8milereb
Sat Sep 13 2008, 10:29PM

Registered Member #2
OK someone chime in when you can and let me know if any letters have been sent to these people Carolyn mentioned above. If not I will take this on and make sure we send SHAPE letters to them all. Good to hear from you Carolyn and welcome back. I got your 2 emails you sent and saved your new email address
8milereb
Sat Sep 13 2008, 10:31PM

Registered Member #2
George I will print our some SHAPE letter head and send out letters. I am going to put the address we have for SHAPE's "HQ"s which is your address if thats OK with you.
gpthelastrebel
Sun Sep 14 2008, 12:54AM

Registered Member #1
That is fine with me. I say send hard copies to the folks mentioned and then email everyone else in the congress and senate. let them all know this is a total distortion of history.

You should remind them of this---

The Crittenden-Johnson Resolution (also called the Crittenden Resolution) was passed by the United States Congress on July 25, 1861 after the start of the American Civil War, which began on April 12, 1861.

Specifically, the resolution stated that the war was being waged for the reunion of the states, and not to abolish the south's "peculiar institution" of slavery. The resolution required the Union Government to take no actions against institution of slavery. It was named for Senators John J. Crittenden of Kentucky and Andrew Johnson of Tennessee (who was later to become President). The war was fought not for "overthrowing or interfering with the rights or established institutions of those States," but to "defend and maintain the supremacy of the Constitution and to preserve the Union." The war would end when the seceding states returned to the Union, slavery intact.

The crucial states of Maryland, Kentucky, and Missouri remained in the Union. After the bloody and questionable Union victory at the Battle of Antietam, Lincoln promulgated the Emancipation Proclamation, which was passed primarily as a diplomatic initiative to keep the United Kingdom from recognizing the Confederacy, and now it was about slavery.

Source:

http://www.onpedia.com/encyclopedia/crittenden-johnson-resolution

GP
8milereb
Sun Sep 14 2008, 05:55PM

Registered Member #2
SHAPE letters will go out to these people today, keeping in mind the Dept of the Interior is now under investigation for many criminal acts these past months,(involving oil and personal misconduct) I doubt this will be at the top of their agenda, but they will get then anyway. I still suggest as with Gator, that each of us take the time to write our Congressmen as they are the ones that appropriate the money for NPS, and they will react to $$$ issues before social or historical issues
8milereb
Sun Sep 14 2008, 05:59PM

Registered Member #2
He will get a a letter from SHAPE as well: Norman D. Dicks (WA), Chair Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies

Michael Stephens, Subcommittee Clerk
Room B-308 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-3081
8milereb
Sun Sep 14 2008, 06:01PM

Registered Member #2
Letter from Norman Dicks (D) WA
The bill includes $2.6 billion for the National Parks. This includes a $158 million increase in funding for the operational budgets of our parks. Every one of the 391 units of the Park Service will benefit from this increase. The 2009 bill continues the multi-year effort initiated in 2008 to restore the parks for the Centennial of the National Park Service in 2016. The bill does not, however, provide any funding for Centennial matching grants in 2009. Funding for this program is being handled as mandatory spending by the authorizing committees, as proposed by the President.
8milereb
Sun Sep 14 2008, 06:07PM

Registered Member #2
Finally, in terms of money, the bill includes $160 million for the National Endowments for the Arts and $160 million for the National Endowment for the Humanities, an increase of $30 million for the two endowments. These highly effective agencies support the preservation and encouragement of America's cultural heritage.......WONDER WHERE THIS $190M goes? in the name of "Cultural Heritage.....American Indians already receive almost $10 Billion a year in a variety of funding areas...so what other "Cultural Heritage" can they mean?????
8milereb
Sun Sep 14 2008, 06:24PM

Registered Member #2
Purse strings for NPS: http://appropriations.house.gov/pdf/DicksSubMarkup06-11-08.pdf
8milereb
Sun Sep 14 2008, 06:29PM

Registered Member #2
I am also including in our letter Lincolns comments in his First Inaugural Address
March 4, 1861
Washington, D.C.Apprehension seems to exist among the people of the Southern States, that by the accession of a Republican Administration, their property, and their peace, and personal security, are to be endangered. There has never been any reasonable cause for such apprehension. Indeed, the most ample evidence to the contrary has all the while existed, and been open to their inspection. It is found in nearly all the published speeches of him who now addresses you. I do but quote from one of those speeches when I declare that "I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so." Those who nominated and elected me did so with full knowledge that I had made this, and many similar declarations, and had never recanted them. And more than this, they placed in the platform, for my acceptance, and as a law to themselves, and to me, the clear and emphatic resolution which I now read:
8milereb
Tue Sep 16 2008, 10:32PM

Registered Member #2
Letters have been sent to Deparment of Interior, Directors, Sub Directors of the NPS, Chair Subcommittee Interior & Enviornment (Congressman Dicks (D) WA) and faxes to all Committee Members, and Subcommitte Clerk, just in case I missed somebody, oh and the President Gettysburg Foundation
8milereb
Tue Sep 16 2008, 10:43PM

Registered Member #2
Folks below are the members who funds the NPS, we need to write them emails, but most importantly write the NPS Policy office and their "Advisory Board" Members, they are the culprits of this social agenda at our Nations Battelfield Parks and Museums. I will post them later..gotta run

MAJORITY Subcommittee on Interior, Environment,
Chair: Norman D. Dicks (WA)
James P. Moran (VA)
Maurice D. Hinchey (NY)
John W. Olver (MA)
Alan B. Mollohan (WV)
Tom Udall (NM)
Ben Chandler (KY)
Ed Pastor (AZ)
Dave Obey (WI), Ex Officio
Minority
Ranking Member:
Todd Tiahrt (KS)
John E. Peterson (PA)
Jo Ann Emerson (MO)
Virgil H. Goode, Jr. (VA)
Ken Calvert (CA)
Jerry Lewis (CA), Ex Officio
8milereb
Tue Sep 16 2008, 10:44PM

Registered Member #2
http://appropriations.house.gov/Subcommittees/sub_ienv.shtml
8milereb
Tue Sep 16 2008, 10:56PM

Registered Member #2
Web page to email NPS..Look at the "Ask a Question" and scroll down and click about Interpretation and Education and a email page will come up.......http://www.nps.gov/contacts.htm
gpthelastrebel
Wed Apr 22 2009, 08:54PM

Registered Member #1
Folks,

Don't want to give away any clues as to who is helping us, but I did receive a call today from an important persons office on the issue of Gettysburg Battlefield Park. That request copies of all letters from the NPS that we have received. This may or may not lead to anything, but this little band of warriors is being heard.

GP
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF