Click To Show - Guests: 7

Last Seen

gpthelastrebel Wed 15:26
Patrick Fri 16:05
Robray Wed 14:28
D. L. Garland Wed 18:09
dong fang Mon 01:55
Forums
Southern Heritage Advancement Preservation and Education :: Forums :: General :: General Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Confederate History Month Resolution Presented
Moderators: gpthelastrebel, Patrick
Author Post
gpthelastrebel
Tue Dec 09 2008, 11:10PM

Registered Member #1
Today I presented a resolution for a federally recognized Confederate History month and a federally recognized Confederate Memorial Day to Congress gene Taylor of Mississippi. I have no idea if Congressman Taylor will sponsor a bill calling for the events to be recognized. The paper work is in his hand that is about all I can say.

This is a proud moment for me since I have researched information for this resolution for a little over two years. I'm not gonna post the resolution at this time, I may do so in the future but I want to see what Congressman Taylor has to say before I do. I also intend to use some of the information in the next Confederate History postings to our board. A rough draft is in the members section, but you gotta be an active member to see it.

Would also like to thank Mark Raines and Carolyn Smalley for the time and effort they put into this project. They did all the proofreading, hammered out a cover letter and just generally keeping me in line. Many thanks to the both of you.

GP
ConfederateFL
Fri Jan 16 2009, 07:59PM
A good plan, but with today's political anti-Confederate climate I wouldn't count on it.
gpthelastrebel
Sat Jan 17 2009, 08:08AM

Registered Member #1
Think positive, think positive. It is our way of thinking if you never ask you never receive.

I was involved with the Mississippi flag issue and we won that. Have a positive attitude about this. I presented a well thought out document filled with facts. If Mr. Taylor does not want to sponsor the bill, I’ll try someone else.

GP

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF