D. L. Garland Wed 18:09
dong fang Mon 01:55
Forums
Moderators: gpthelastrebel, Patrick
Author Post
gpthelastrebel
Thu Jan 15 2009, 01:36PM

Registered Member #1
Does anyone have, or know of a program that will allow captions to be added to a photo? I have a couple of programs, but neither of them will allow me to add the notes exactly where I want them on the photo

It appears to me the best way I can get this done is to print the photo and then add the notes with a typewriter.

This is a SHAPE project, anyone want to get involved? Suggestions?

GP
Lady Val
Thu Jan 15 2009, 06:07PM
Registered Member #75
I have a Mac program called "Pages" which I used to make my Mosby wanted posters. Unfortunately, I cannot send along an example of them as they don't fit into the accepted formats, but the program does work.

If you send along the pictures and desired captions, I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile, let's see if the finished products can be e-mailed because if not, I'd have to send them regular mail and you'd have to scan them in. Send me your regular e-mail at vaproto©optonline.net and I'll see if I can send you a few examples of what I did using this program.

gpthelastrebel
Thu Jan 15 2009, 07:08PM

Registered Member #1
Val this is quite a large project and may turn in more projects. Are you sure you have the time?

GP
Lady Val
Thu Jan 15 2009, 08:56PM
Registered Member #75
It may mean that I have to sacrifice cooking and cleaning (sigh...).

Let's see how it begins. If it works, great and we'll go from there. If it doesn't, well, we tried. Can't do better than that.

Oh, and P.S. I was going to put this on the thread about the "winning lottery ticket". Does anybody know the address for the lady who worked on the quilt - or any of the ladies who worked on it? I really would like to write and thank her/them for their efforts, but I don't know where they can be reached. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Hate to be a rude old Yankee!
gpthelastrebel
Fri Jan 16 2009, 02:05AM

Registered Member #1
You would give up cooking and cleaning for us??? I am honored. LOL LOL LOL

I'll send you a scan tomorrow.

GP

[ Edited Fri Jan 16 2009, 05:14PM ]
8milereb
Fri Jan 16 2009, 12:56PM

Registered Member #2
Lady Val wrote ...

It may mean that I have to sacrifice cooking and cleaning (sigh...).

Let's see how it begins. If it works, great and we'll go from there. If it doesn't, well, we tried. Can't do better than that.

Oh, and P.S. I was going to put this on the thread about the "winning lottery ticket". Does anybody know the address for the lady who worked on the quilt - or any of the ladies who worked on it? I really would like to write and thank her/them for their efforts, but I don't know where they can be reached. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Hate to be a rude old Yankee!

Val, Mrs Katie Love can be contacted through The Dixie Guards C/O Dixie Guards SCV P.O. Box 761 Metter, Ga. 30439
Lady Val
Fri Jan 16 2009, 02:50PM
Registered Member #75
Thank you. I will write a "thank you" to her today. I've been feeling very guilty about not doing so, but time gets away with us all, I guess.

Lady Val
Sat Jan 17 2009, 03:05AM
Registered Member #75
Received the drawing of Lee, but there is already text included in the drawing at the top. Is this a matter of placing MORE text in? Otherwise, I see no need for the Pages program since there is already text included in the picture. Let me know, if you would.
gpthelastrebel
Sat Jan 17 2009, 08:11AM

Registered Member #1
I sent that one just for you to play with, move the text around, locate it at different locations etc. Maybe move it to the bottom of the of the page entirely out of the photo.

GP
Jim Hubbard
Fri Jan 23 2009, 04:34PM
Doesn't Photo Shop have the capability of doing this?
Lady Val
Fri Jan 23 2009, 10:51PM
Registered Member #75
Not to my knowledge. I really am going to do this first one (that's the one that takes the time; once I've got the template, the rest is easy. It's just been one thing after another around here!

I should stick a broom up my nose and sweep while I'm about it, as my mother used to say!
gpthelastrebel
Sat Jan 24 2009, 12:29AM

Registered Member #1
Jim,

I do not have Photo Shop, can it downloaded from the internet? I have Photo Suite and I cannot do what I want. I also dl'd Photo Story 3 for windows and can't do it. Picasa will allow captions but they are all on the photo, well at least that is how they come out for me.

Would you likea photo to play with? If so email me at gpthelastrebel©cableone.net

GP
Lady Val
Sat Jan 24 2009, 12:51AM
Registered Member #75
I'm going to e-mail you a proposed "finished product" (it's too big to send through here for some reason). It's a .jpg file, so you should have no problems with it. This is only a test piece. The image is okay, but you might want more text. I suggest not numbering the pages in case someone desires to color them and then mount them in a frame. However, I can number them but that limits any changes in the order of the pictures you might wish to make.
Lady Val
Sat Jan 24 2009, 01:57AM
Registered Member #75
Trying again to mail it here. Made it smaller to cut down the whatchamacallits. Don't know if it will go or not. If it doesn't, I'll edit this out and wait until you respond to the full sized one already e-mailed.

gpthelastrebel
Sat Jan 24 2009, 06:00PM

Registered Member #1
Got it but only have a few minutes on the computer while the contractors eat lunch. I think this is the way to go.

Gator is actully the lead in this project, I'll defer the decision to him. Hopefully tonight I can reply to emails and such.

GP
Lady Val
Sat Jan 24 2009, 10:39PM
Registered Member #75
The template has been constructed. Once I have created the "page", I scan it into the computer and create a .jpg file. This can be put on a CD disc when all of the pages are complete.

What is needed now are, of course, the necessary drawings and their texts. I would suppose it would not be necessary to run each and every page by you unless there is a problem since you would get pretty much what you have already seen. However, it would be useful if we can be sure that the text is what you want because while it is easy to correct the template, it will have to be rescanned if there are text corrections. So before we begin to produce these finished sheets, every correction should be made.

P.S. Do you like this font for the print?

gator
Tue Feb 03 2009, 02:23AM
Registered Member #54
gp, val, that is what we are looking for. we should contact each other by e-mail as this project is yet to be named. looking forward to working with ya.
gpthelastrebel
Tue Feb 03 2009, 05:01AM

Registered Member #1
-- and now we are on a roll.

GP

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF