Click To Show - Guests: 5

Last Seen

gpthelastrebel Wed 15:26
Patrick Fri 16:05
Robray Wed 14:28
D. L. Garland Wed 18:09
dong fang Mon 01:55
Forums
Southern Heritage Advancement Preservation and Education :: Forums :: General :: General Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Confederate Flags being Removed in Alabama
Moderators: gpthelastrebel, Patrick
Author Post
JWBooth
Sun Apr 26 2009, 04:22AM

This was sent to the Alabama Attorney General's office, Investigation Division by a good friend of mine.

An article in the Opelika-Auburn Newspaper indicates that Auburn Councilman Arthur L. Dowdell poses with Confederate flags that he removed from graves at Pine Hill Cemetery in Auburn. This is clearly a violation of the Alabama Code on desecration of venerated objects. Section 13A-11-12 Desecration of venerated objects. (a) A person commits the crime of desecration of venerated objects if he intentionally: (1) Desecrates any public monument or structure or place of worship or *burial*; or (2) Desecrates in a public place the United States or Alabama flag or any other object of veneration by the public or a substantial segment thereof. (b) Desecration of venerated objects is a Class A misdemeanor. (Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §5555.) <P>
I am asking that Councilman Arthur L. Dowdell be prosecuted under Section 13A-11-12 of the Alabama Code. April is Confederate History and Heritage Month and we place Confederate Flags on the graves of Confederate Soldiers all over Alabama. Removal of these Confederate Flags is desecrating the graves of Alabama Confederate Veterans.
gpthelastrebel
Mon Apr 27 2009, 04:21PM

Registered Member #1
Mr. Booth,

Please keep us updated on this story. We would love to know what if any action is being taken.

GP

[ Edited Mon Apr 27 2009, 04:22PM ]
Lady Val
Mon Apr 27 2009, 11:50PM
Registered Member #75
Been posting to the comments and stories on several different sites and threads. Very interesting. This guy has stirred up a real hornet's nest, but alas, the Klan seems to be considering coming down (from Noo Joisy, yet!). I'm sure that is just what this race monger wants to get his picture in the paper even more.

Too bad this isn't Singapore. They would have given this officious "official" a dozen whacks on his bare posterior with a length of bamboo. Maybe that would have made him think twice before intimidating a group of ladies in a cemetery, desecrating the graves of their ancestors and stealing their flags. He certainly wouldn't be doing much "sitting" on the City Council any time soon! Let the punishment fit the crime, I always say! You really can't use an "ass-whuppin'" for a photo-op, can you!

[ Edited Mon Apr 27 2009, 11:54PM ]
JWBooth
Wed Apr 29 2009, 02:35AM
Press Release - April 28, 2009

The Alabama Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans, repudiates the
lawless behavior of Auburn City Councilman Arthur L. Dowdell in removing Confederate Memorial Flags from veteran's graves at Pine Hill Cemetery in Auburn, AL. Confederate veteran graves are to be lawfully respected as any other American veteran graves, according to United States Congressional Law.

Councilman Dowdell stated the flags were offensive to him. He then
broke Alabama state law when he trespassed on private property, and
desecrated sacred burial sites, and that is offensive to us.

By stealing and destroying the flag that was placed on a veteran's
grave, in the very presence of his descendant, Councilman Dowdell
violates every tenet of decent human behavior. He showed a dangerous propensity for taking the law into his own hands, an action that will not be tolerated or otherwise encouraged in others.

We believe this crime was motivated by hate, and want to see justice
done. We are requesting that the local District Attorney prosecute
Councilman Dowdell to the fullest extent of the law, and if need be,
we are counting on the Alabama Attorney General to see that the laws
of Alabama are upheld. Further, we would like to see Federal
Prosecuting Attorneys convict Dowdell for violating United States hate
crime laws.

Robert C. Reames
Alabama Division Commander
Sons of Confederate Veterans
8milereb
Wed Apr 29 2009, 01:14PM

Registered Member #2
I see it as a hate crime, and will forward this to the SLRC for their legal review
Lady Val
Wed Apr 29 2009, 07:27PM
Registered Member #75
Oh, folks, that's not all. Alabama seems to be in the cross-hairs of this particular attack:

Alumnae of a black sorority ask University of Alabama to shut down Old South celebration

Posted by Stan Diel -- Birmingham News April 29, 2009 6:53 AM

Alumnae of a historically black sorority at the University of Alabama have asked the school to shut down an annual fraternity celebration in which white students parade in Confederate Army jackets and hats and display the Confederate flag.

Alumnae of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority were on campus last weekend attending events celebrating the chapter's 35th anniversary when Kappa Alpha fraternity's "Old South" parade paused in front of the sorority house. Members of the fraternity were on parade in Confederate regalia, with young women in period gowns. Confederate flags were displayed as part of the parade, sorority members said.

"We were just shocked," said Joyce Stallworth, a 1988 AKA alumna who now is senior associate dean in UA's College of Education.

Stallworth said she believes the students in the parade were celebrating a "romanticized idea" of the old South, and meant no offense. But they need to learn what the Confederacy represents to black Southerners, and the university has an obligation to maintain a culturally respectful campus, she said.

"I don't believe these young folks were in any way trying to be racist," she said. "But they were being insensitive. I don't think they understood the broader implications of what they were doing."

In a petition sent this week to university President Robert Witt, the sorority alumnae said the week-long Old South festivities are "offensive to alumni, students, faculty, staff and prospective students."

Seventy-one alumnae signed the petition calling on the school to "commit to ending permanently 'Old South Week' and any other such events."

Larry Wiese, national executive director of the Kappa Alpha Order, said in a prepared statement that the national office "is investigating the reported actions of some members of the Alpha Beta Chapter at the University of Alabama this past weekend."

"Such behavior, if true, would violate the code of conduct of our organization, and appropriate disciplinary action will be imposed when our investigation is completed," Wiese said. "On behalf of Kappa Alpha members in Alabama and across the nation, I apologize for any inappropriate behavior."

The statement didn't specify what reported actions the national Kappa Alpha officials would consider inappropriate.

A student who answered the telephone at the Kappa Alpha house at UA referred questions to chapter President Will Vandervoort, who was not immediately available for comment. Efforts to reach university officials also were unsuccessful.

Stallworth said representatives of the alumnae have met with Witt and are planning to meet with other university officials.

Kappa Alpha's Old South celebrations have stirred controversy on other campuses. The fraternity's chapter at Auburn University voluntarily ended its annual parade after Confederate flag-waving white students were confronted by black students in 1992.

The events, which some chapters use to raise money for charitable causes, decades ago included secession ceremonies and white students in blackface. According to a report in the Athens Banner-Herald newspaper in Georgia, members or chapters of the fraternity were suspended at six schools between 1992 and 2001 for offenses including shouting racial slurs and wearing blackface to parties.

Kappa Alpha Order was founded in 1865 at Washington & Lee University, where Robert E. Lee was president after the Civil War.

sdiel©bhamnews.com

JWBooth
Wed May 06 2009, 09:13PM
Dowdell apologizes
Amy Weaver
Staff Writer
Published: May 5, 2009

Auburn City Councilman Arthur L. Dowdell apologized Tuesday night for removing four Confederate battle flags from Pine Hill Cemetery on April 23.

Statement from the Mayor of Auburn

Bob Norman’s statement and text of the resolution.

Slideshow of the meeting is also available
Dowdell, the representative for Ward 1, pointed his apology toward members of the United Daughters of the Confederacy and Sons of Confederate Veterans attending the council’s regular meeting.
At the beginning of the meeting, the council passed a resolution urging Dowdell “to make a public apology to the citizens of Auburn.” With the resolution, the city council also condemned Dowdell’s actions as “inappropriate and beneath the office of a city councilman.”

Dowdell opposed the resolution since he hadn’t seen it prior to the meeting, but agreed to voice his opinion to the council and citizens later in the meeting.
During the citizens comments portion of the meeting, Dowdell and the rest of the council listened to 25 citizens express their opinions on Dowdell and the Confederate flag for nearly two hours. After 12 people had spoken, Ward 8 Councilman Bob Norman asked to suspend the rest of citizens communications in order for the council to proceed with the remainder of the agenda. The remaining business took all of five minutes and citizens were speaking again.

The majority of citizen speakers were from outside Auburn. About half supported Dowdell and his actions, agreeing use of the flag was offensive.
“I don’t care if it was one flag or 100 flags, if it don’t say United States of America, to me, it’s wrong,” said the Rev. Larry Taylor, who identified himself as Dowdell’s brother.
Others, including several members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, disagreed, and said they considered the flag removal a violation of civil rights.
“You may not agree with them, but that doesn’t give you the right to violate freedom of speech,” said Auburn resident Benjamin Bacon.
Billy Bearden said he traveled 90 miles from Mt. Zion, Ga., because he was so motivated by the issue. Bearden, dressed in a full Confederate uniform, carrying a small Confederate battle flag, marched up and down the sidewalk in front of city hall for a couple of hours before the meeting.

“I’m here to speak for those who can’t,” he said, referring to the Confederate soldiers.

Bearden told the council he considered Dowdell’s actions to be the same as someone knocking over his father’s headstone in Arlington National Cemetery and spitting on it.

Dowdell defended his actions in his address. Since neither the city manager nor the mayor were able to tell him why the flags were in Pine Hill, Dowdell said he thought they were there for a KKK rally. Had he known they were there for the Confederate Memorial Day ceremony, he said he would have walked away.

He apologized to both Confederate groups. He said it was not his intention to hurt them. Dowdell said his actions were the result of “miscommunication” and “ignorance.” “I’m sorry this happened,” he said. “I hope we can get passed it.”

During the meeting, the mayor and Norman each read prepared statements expressing their disapproval of their fellow councilman’s action.

Ward 5 Councilman Robin Kelley got in the last word of the evening when he expressed his disappointment in Dowdell for not asking him about the flags. Pine Hill is in Kelley’s ward.

“I was never contacted,” Kelley said. “If you called me, I would have told you (what they were for.)

“It’s desecration what you did. End of discussion.”

gpthelastrebel
Wed May 06 2009, 10:47PM

Registered Member #1
I think charges should still be brought and Dowdell removed from office. Suppose we contact the Alabama Attonery General and demand action???

GP

[ Edited Thu May 07 2009, 02:10AM ]
Lady Val
Thu May 07 2009, 01:45AM
Registered Member #75
I have sent along three articles along with my commentary and a letter (e-mail) to the Southern Legal Resource Center asking them to do a quick perusal to see if there is anything that can force the authorities to act absent a charge made by the UDC, something which apparently those ladies refuse to do. Somewhere in the statutes regarding the flag or the graves of veterans, there may be something that rises above a mere misdemeanor. Right now, apparently, as the acts were not witnessed by the police (though Dowdell certainly acknowledged committing them) and the ladies will not file charges and the offenses were misdemeanors, nothing can be done.

He broke one flag (paying $20 for it when he returned the others to one of the ladies) and he stated in the meeting that he did not intend to do that. But he also stated in the article that he would have broken and burned them all, so it's a little hard to believe that he "accidentally" broke one.

I will tell you this, if he had been white and the women black and the graves of blacks, the response of the authorities would have been swift and sure and a damned sight different. They would have arrested him for a dirty license plate if they needed a charge. To say they could do nothing is sophistry at its best - or worst.

We'll see what the SLRC has to say if they do respond.

[ Edited Thu May 07 2009, 01:46AM ]
gpthelastrebel
Thu May 07 2009, 02:09AM

Registered Member #1
Good job, let us know if you get a response and any action that may be taken. Should we contact the US Attonery General?

My opiinion-- Dowdell is lying about a KKK rally, who in the world would use such little flags at a rally. he is lying I believe he knew exactly what he was doing.

GP

[ Edited Thu May 07 2009, 02:10AM ]
Lady Val
Thu May 07 2009, 01:43PM
Registered Member #75
The man's a liar and a coward. He claimed that he was receiving death threats and threats against his family and it was reported that the FBI is looking into the matter. If any threats were sent, I wouldn't be surprised if he arranged for them to be.

Given the state of things, we'll get no help from the feds. If the things were reversed and Dowdell was white, well, we wouldn't have to ask for help. He would have been in jail from day one even if the UDC never did anything. I see no help in Washington or in the state government in Alabama until and unless we find a provision in the law that they cannot ignore. I hope that the SLRC is able to find something. If not, Dowdell, in essence, wins and that just prepares him for his next step which is "re-regulating" ALL the cemeteries in Auburn to limit or prohibit the battle flag.
gpthelastrebel
Thu May 07 2009, 03:09PM

Registered Member #1
"If not, Dowdell, in essence, wins and that just prepares him for his next step which is "re-regulating" ALL the cemeteries in Auburn to limit or prohibit the battle flag."

Exactly the same thing I am thinking. Since you are closer to the issue than I am, I'll take a backseat to you and let you handle the communication from your end. If a letter from SHAPE is needed, just let me know.

GP
Lady Val
Thu May 07 2009, 05:11PM
Registered Member #75
I only sent the info to the SLRC yesterday in the afternoon. I have not heard from them insofar as acknowledging its receipt, but they are a very busy group. Perhaps if a letter were sent to them by e-mail coming from SHAPE, they would be more likely to delve deeper into the matter. One of my main concerns is the intrusion of the Klan if it appears that no justice will be forthcoming. This would be a tragedy because it would serve only to underscore Dowdell's claim that all who defend Southern and Confederate heritage are "racists".

Their address is <[email protected]>

The text of my letter (minus attachments) is included below:
Gentlemen:

Perhaps you have heard of the acts of Councilman Albert Dowdell in Auburn, Alabama. I have enclosed as an attachment, three stories from the local newspaper regarding same. The first is the original story and included a photo of Dowdell holding the flags he illegally removed from the graves. This photo appears in just about every other story, letter, column and article regarding the incident. Dowdell certainly got his desired “face time”.

The second story reports on an upcoming Council meeting to handle the large amount of response Dowdell’s actions created. A story in between the first and the second (not included) was one about Dowdell’s allegation of death threats etc. top his family. He states that the FBI was getting involved.

The final story is the aftermath of the meeting. Apparently Dowdell “apologized” though the comments on those attending the meeting point out that the “apology” was forced and insincere and that Dowdell did not really apologize for his actions, merely for “offending” the members of the UDC and SCV, many of whom attended the meeting. One commentator on the story pointed out that those attending the meeting opposed to Dowdell and his actions far outnumbered his supporters and some of them were his family members. The story indicates that the onlookers were “evenly divided” but that was a falsehood.

A person on a site I frequent said that he asked his friend, an Alabama policeman why Dowdell was not arrested or at least charged with trespassing into a private cemetery for the purpose of vandalizing graves, (possible) “menacing” of the helpless women alone in that place (Dowdell is a large man) and, of course, desecrating or vandalizing a grave. The policeman said that as these were all misdemeanors and as the ladies of the UDC had not brought charges against Dowdell and the acts were not witnessed by a policeman (though Dowdell openly stated that he did it and had his picture taken with the stolen flags), there was nothing that the police could do. I somehow find that hard to believe. Certainly he has violated Alabama’s statutes regarding the treatment of Confederate flags not to mention robbing graves.

Since you defend heritage issues and this is a heritage issue, perhaps you could give a quick look and see if the Alabama policeman’s analysis is correct and the authorities can do nothing to Dowdell if the UDC doesn’t press charges. Already, Dowdell is threatening to take the matter to the Council and regulate the flag to one day only on the graves – in preparation no doubt to having it banned altogether. So this man has not given up his fight to remove the Confederate battle flag in the name of being “offended” by it.

By the way, there are worse things in the offing. As this matter became know, the Ku Klux Klan in New Jersey (of all places) has stated its intention to come to Auburn to “stand” for the rights of whites who are being ignored in large part by their City government and law enforcement. After all, nobody is unaware of what the fate of a white man who did the same thing to blacks would be, so Dowdell’s “free pass” is an opportunity for groups like the Klan to further muddy the waters. All of those who are against Dowdell are also against the Klan, but without some evidence that their demands are being heard and will be addressed, the avenue for opportunistic groups like the Klan remains. On the other hand, if you can find a way for justice to be pursued without having to depend on the gentle and retiring ladies of the UDC pressing charges (which I’m sure that they won’t, unfortunately) we might have some justice and get some satisfaction as well as turning back any outside “help” from the KKK – something no doubt that Dowdell and others would relish.

Thanks for anything you can do.
gpthelastrebel
Thu May 07 2009, 05:25PM

Registered Member #1
I'll get busy on it tonight. Right now I am working on the Gettysburg issue which I will post more in the members section.

GP

[ Edited Thu May 07 2009, 07:19PM ]
Lady Val
Thu May 07 2009, 06:56PM
Registered Member #75
For God's sake, I hope you will be highlighting the horrific treatment of the Confederate dead! Fool that I was, I never realized how these noble men were treated - thrown into pits and ditches like dead mules and horses! It wasn't until 1872 that the women of the South managed to get permission from the noble Yankee government to dig up some of the bodies and rebury them in Richmond. Faugh! It makes me sick to think of all the hypocritical cant of Lincoln and the others at the "dedication" ceremonies! If ever there was proof positive of the mean, vicious and inhuman nature of the Union, the treatment of the Confederate dead at Gettysburg fills the bill. I will NEVER hear the name Gettysburg again without being morally and physically ill. There isn't a bad enough place in hell for the whole damned Yankee crowd including "noble" souls like Chamberlain. You are what you fight for and whom you fight with.

Sorry for the outburst! Gettysburg does that to me. I have a CWRT tonight and they're going to talk about Gettysburg. I think I'll take a Valium.
gpthelastrebel
Thu May 07 2009, 07:21PM

Registered Member #1
Actually no I am not. I am only addressing what was in the letters that were sent to SHAPE. There appears to be enough biased opinions stated in these letters to warrant a "look" so to speak.

GP
Lady Val
Thu May 07 2009, 09:24PM
Registered Member #75
I know that I was "biased" based upon incorrect and/or deliberately mendacious information passed on as "fact", "truth" and "history". I'm not surprised that the majority of folks don't know their aspidistrus from their elbow macaroni about the subject.
gpthelastrebel
Thu May 07 2009, 11:24PM

Registered Member #1
What the NPS sent is is all fact, no doubt about it. It is the select fact that was cherrypicked to make it appear the war was only fought over the issue of slavery and the South started it.

I have it in writing that is as good as it gets. We will see what if anything comes of this.

GP
JWBooth
Mon May 11 2009, 01:48AM
Compatriots,
I am sure that by now you have all heard of the Heritage Violation that happened on the 23rd of April at Pine Hill Cemetery located in Auburn, Alabama. On this day, Auburn City Councilman Arthur Dowdell entered the cemetery and stole four Confederate "Memorial" flags (reportedly) from the graves of Confederate Veterans. These flags had been placed by the Semmes Chapter of the UDC in Auburn in preparation for their upcoming Memorial service the following Sunday. This act of lawlessness was witnessed by a local historian and UDC member Mrs. Mary Norman. There were many reports of this incident in the local news and across the AP.
The City Council in Auburn held their regular meeting on Tuesday the 5th of May at 7pm. The Army of Tennessee and Alabama Division were very well represented at this council meeting. Present were myself, AoT Commander Kelly Barrow, AoT Councilman and Division 1st Lt. Commander Tom Strain, SEC Brigade Commander Larry Warren, SWC Brigade Commander Joe Clark, NWC Brigade Commander Allan Koester, Past Division Commanders Wilson and Simmons, Tallassee Camp Commander Randall Hughey, Auburn Camp Commander Jerry Purcel, Florida Division 1st Lt Commander Bob Hurst and forty plus fellow SCV members. The evening began with the opening of the meeting room, where we occupied the front row and most of the center section of the seating.
The Mayor then made a statement. In it he said: "Let me be clear, the issue here is not about race, the symbolism of the flag, or the City's cemetery policies; it is about the removal of private property from a private grave." He further stated "I want to assure the Daughter's that I will not support any Council action limiting anyone's right to honor their loved ones by placing flags on a grave."
They then altered the agenda to allow them to bring forward a resolution concerning Dowdell's actions.
Councilman Bob Norman issued the following statement and resolution:
"Statement: By his own admission, Councilman Arthur Dowdell entered Pine Hill Cemetery on April 23rd and removed confederate flags from private burial plots. He was quoted as saying "This will never happen again as long as I'm on the city council."
This is a passionate issue. There is no doubt that Mr. Dowdell is offended by the battle flag of the confederacy, and the appropriateness of its use is open to debate. The way councilman Dowdell chose to enter the debate is inappropriate and beneath the office of city councilman. His actions were inexcusable and have done nothing to help people on either side of this issue find common ground. They have stirred up old hatreds and created embarrassment and controversy for the city he represents.
The Bottom line is that those graves are private property, the placing of flags as memorials are expressions of free speech and Mr. Dowdell had no right to remove them. The fact that Mr. Dowdell invoked his position as a city councilman demands that the city council speak to the issue. Therefore the following is offered as a resolution by the Auburn city council:
Whereas, by his own admission, Councilman Arthur Dowdell entered Pine Hill Cemetery on April 23rd and removed confederate flags from private burial plots; and
Whereas, Councilman Dowdell invoked his position as a city councilman by saying "This will never happen again as long as I'm on the city council;" and
Whereas, the foregoing action was inappropriate and beneath the office of a city councilman;
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Auburn City Council condemns the actions taken by the Councilman Dowdell, and urges him to make a public apology to the citizens of Auburn, and to pledge that henceforth he will respect the private property and free speech rights of all citizens."
This Resolution passed with one vote against by Dowdell.
The Council then opened the floor for comment from Auburn citizens. A slight majority of these were those brought in by Dowdell, and they were in favor of him. There were also a number of citizens who took strong exception to his actions. The floor was then opened for speakers from outside Auburn to speak. Randall Hughey was the first on our desired lineup, and he did an excellent job. Auburn Camp Commander Jerry Purcel (who lives outside the city limits) was next and did a fine job as well. The selection was not by sign up, but by recognition from the Mayor. Good points were made by a number of speakers and those opposed to Dowdell were the vast majority of those given.
When it became evident that almost everyone present would be coming up to the microphone, it was decided that the public comments would be saved until the end of the meeting.
The regular business of the Council was covered in a very few minutes and we returned to public comment. Just over half of the comments were given in this second session. To the council's credit they patiently listened to the comments being made and gave everyone a chance to speak.
After the public comments session, Dowdell gave his statement in which he publicly apologized to the UDC and the SCV. He excused his actions due to "ignorancy" on his part, and noted that he contacted the City Manager and Mayor about the flags and that they did not know anything about them. He said the Mayor did know there was a program planned for Sunday.
Dowdell's claims of ignorance appeared to be very well founded, though I will certainly not attest to his sense of honesty. The issue here though is that ignorance of the law is not an excuse for lawless behavior.
As a closing comment, Councilman Robin Kelley was visibly shaken when he stated that Dowdell "Broke the law, and desecrated graves, end of discussion" in the removal of the flags. He further chastised Dowdell for not calling him, since it was in his ward. He explained that he lived near the cemetery and knew exactly what the flags were for. Kelley stated that Dowdell would be highly unappreciative of his taking action in Dowdell's ward without first informing Dowdell. Kelley then called for the meeting to adjourn.
In the end what we got was:
1. A statement by the Mayor that Dowdell removed private property from private grave plots.
2. A statement by the Mayor that he "will not supp ort any Council action limiting anyone's right to honor their loved ones by placing flags on a grave."
3. A statement by Councilman Bob Norman and the city council that Dowdell removed (stole) private property and did so as a city councilman.
4. A Resolution that the City Council condemned the actions taken by Dowdell and urged him to make an apology.
5. An apology from Dowdell to the UDC and the SCV.
6. A statement from Councilman Kelly that Dowdell "Broke the law, and desecrated graves, end of discussion".
At this point Dowdell appears as he is, an ignorant self righteous and self serving thug who took the law into his own hands, and has been thoroughly chastised by us and the City Council.
Compatriots, there is no way for the Alabama Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans to pursue a criminal suit against Councilman Dowdell because we do not have a witness willing to step forward to sign the arrest warrant and that no one has produced a list of the graves that were vandalized. We are unable to proceed any further in this case. It is also very clear that if we push this issue, we will possibly turn Councilman Dowdell into a martyr, and gentlemen this is exactly what he wants and needs at this point.
In closing, this is clearly a victory for the Army of Tennessee and Alabama Division. We went to Auburn, showed up in numbers, represented the Division and SCV in a very honorable fashion, and left knowing that the City Council and Mayor's office are clearly upset with Councilman Dowdell's actions. I would like to personally thank all of those involved who assisted the Alabama Division by following the Charge as set forth by General S.D. Lee to the Sons of Confederate Veterans in 1906.

Deo Vindice,
Robert C. Reames
Alabama Division Commander
Sons of Confederate Veterans
gpthelastrebel
Mon May 11 2009, 04:53PM

Registered Member #1
So the old ladies won't step up??? What a shame. It is no wonder our heritage is being dragged through the mud when people do not have the guts to stand up for something.

I am highly disappointed to say the least.

GP

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF