D. L. Garland Wed 18:09
dong fang Mon 01:55
Forums
Moderators: gpthelastrebel, Patrick
Author Post
JWBooth
Mon May 11 2009, 01:59AM
You know you're a yankee if:

1. You think you live in a free country.
2. You truly believe that Abe Lincoln freed anyone, anywhere.
3. You think it was "for the best" that the North won the War for Southern Independence.
4. You consider the citizens of the Confederacy to have been traitors to the U.S.
5. You see nothing wrong with the invasion of the South and the federal blockade of Southern ports.
6. You think you have a right to tell Southerners how to live and if they don't agree you force them.
7. You think it's funny to depict Southerners as ignorant, slack-jawed, buck-toothed, inbred, violent, backwoods, beer-swilling potbellied rednecks, who just need to lighten-up and learn how to laugh at themselves.
8. You cannot fathom why Southerners would not want to keep company with you.
9. There's some part of the statement, "Leave us the hell alone!" that you just can't grasp.
10.You think our struggle for Independence from you people is over.

Author: Unknown
Lady Val
Mon May 11 2009, 02:44AM
Registered Member #75
If you feel obligated to force your moral superiority on "lesser folks" whether they want it or not.

If you believe what's yours is yours and whats mine is also yours.

If you believe that a Southron - man, woman or child - is worthy of death or exile unless he submits to you and your government. Only then is he worthy of any kind of mercy.

If you believe that you are right even when circumstances seem to prove without a doubt that you are actually wrong.

If you love "mankind" but have no problem killing and torturing "men".

If you believe that being "right" gives you "the right" to torture, maim and kill men, women and children in a brutal war waged because they differ in opinion from you and are therefore, "wrong".

If you believe that in the name of what is "good" and "right", you may commit any foul atrocity and that efforts to prevent your actions constitute a vile wrong that countenances the very foul atrocities you plan to commit.
gpthelastrebel
Mon May 11 2009, 04:58PM

Registered Member #1
Great post Val.

You mention atrocities, I have researched online but cannot find much in the line of atrocities commited by the Yankees except in prisons. What do you think about for the 2010 Confederate History Month project we post some of these crimes on a daily basis?

GP

[ Edited Mon May 11 2009, 04:59PM ]
Lady Val
Mon May 11 2009, 08:42PM
Registered Member #75
Dr. Brian Cisco's book on War Crimes Against Southern Civilians is a gold mine of such information. Then there is the book on the treatment of the women in Roswell, Georgia and a lot of information about the treatment of Southern civilians during "reconstruction" is available if you are willing to look outside the accepted orthodoxy. I have just obtained a book entitled "The Tragic Era by Claude G. Bowers printed by the Literary Guild in 1929 which has a great deal to say about that unfortunate era.

I'll look for Cisco's book in this disaster of a room and post some of the more egregious bits of information.
gpthelastrebel
Tue May 12 2009, 04:04AM

Registered Member #1
Now or for 2010 CHM?

GP
red house
Wed Aug 12 2009, 10:42AM
Registered Member #89

You know you're a ''southron'' if you think ‘republicanism’ means the unalienable right to “life, liberty and human property.”

“The defense of human liberty against the aggressions of despotic power have been always the most efficient in States where domestic slavery was to prevail.”

– John C. Calhoun
red house
Wed Aug 12 2009, 10:59AM
Registered Member #89
You know you're a Yankee if:

1. You think you live in a free country.
2. You truly believe that Abe Lincoln freed anyone, anywhere.
3. You think it was "for the best" that the North won the War for Southern Independence. √√√
4. You consider the citizens of the Confederacy to have been traitors to the U.S. √√√
5. You see nothing wrong with the invasion of the South and the federal blockade of Southern ports. √√√
6. You think you have a right to tell Southerners how to live and if they don't agree you force them. √√√ (thank you First Amendment)
7. You think it's funny to depict Southerners as ignorant, slack-jawed, buck-toothed, inbred, violent, backwoods, beer-swilling potbellied rednecks, who just need to lighten-up and learn how to laugh at themselves. (*no comment needed)
8. You cannot fathom why Southerners would not want to keep company with you. (*no comment needed)
9. There's some part of the statement, "Leave us the hell alone!" that you just can't grasp. √√ (*grasp what?)
10.You think our struggle for Independence from you people is over. √√√√√ (*to whom do you pay your taxes?)

Proud 10+ Yankee here.

red house
Wed Aug 12 2009, 11:06AM
Registered Member #89

You know you're a Southron sympathizer if:

If you feel obligated to force your "moral superiority" on black folks whether they want it or not.

If you believe what's yours is slaves and whats theirs is also yours.

If you believe that a Slave - man, woman or child - is worthy of death or exile unless he submits to you and your government. Only then is he worthy of any kind of mercy.

If you believe that you are right even when circumstances seem to prove without a doubt that you are actually wrong.

If you love "mankind" but have no problem killing and torturing "insubordinate slaves".

If you believe that being "right" gives you "the right" to torture, maim and kill black men, women and children in a brutal war waged because they differ in opinion from you and are therefore, "free".

If you believe that in the name of what is "good" and "right", you may commit any foul atrocity and that efforts to prevent your actions constitute a vile wrong that countenances the very foul atrocities you plan to commit.

gpthelastrebel
Wed Aug 12 2009, 04:33PM

Registered Member #1
Redhouse,

Don't have time, or the desire to come back with snide remarks for all of this but it does seem to me you are twisting facts to fit your need. I mean let’s be real, anyone with a little bit of web experience can actually search these facts and arrive at their own conclusion. If they use unbiased websites they will soon see that you are doing nothing more than twisting facts. Free country??? Tell that to the men women and children of Waco tell that to all of the men women and children of the South who died because Lincoln and his crew would not let the south go in peace.

GP

[ Edited Wed Aug 12 2009, 04:34PM ]
Lady Val
Wed Aug 12 2009, 07:48PM
Registered Member #75
The South refused to follow the same course as the Union in the War. Lee would not permit his men to pillage, rape, rob and murder civilians. There is the (true) story of him when in Pennsylvania dismounting from Traveler and replacing a fence rail that his men had knocked off when they rested against it! Stonewall Jackson opined that the South should have fought under the black flag because the foul aggressor was attacking their homes and families, but he was ignored.

Frankly, Jackson, Quantrill and Anderson (Bloody Bill) were right while Lee, Mosby and the rest of the Confederate leadership were wrong! The South lost the war as the result of too much decency, chivalry and Christian goodness as too little men, money and material. The North could never have sustained a war fought on Southern soil when their soldiers came home headless with photos of their heads on poles in Virginia, Tennessee and Louisiana. Ask Vlad Tepis who impaled 5000 people in a valley through which his Turkish enemy had to travel to attack Wallachia. The Turks took one look at the carnage - and went home figuring if he did this to his own people, what would he do to them!

If the black flag had been the South's strategy from the beginning, a lot less folks would have suffered and died, North and South.
red house
Wed Aug 12 2009, 08:43PM
Registered Member #89
gpthelastrebel wrote ...

Redhouse,

Don't have time, or the desire to come back with snide remarks for all of this but it does seem to me you are twisting facts to fit your need. I mean let’s be real, anyone with a little bit of web experience can actually search these facts and arrive at their own conclusion. If they use unbiased websites they will soon see that you are doing nothing more than twisting facts. Free country??? Tell that to the men women and children of Waco tell that to all of the men women and children of the South who died because Lincoln and his crew would not let the south go in peace.

GP

okay, far enough then. I will qualify what I said about us being a “free” country, and simply say that we are among the 'freest' - especially concerning matters of free speech and state censorship. And while I can't speak for anyone but myself, I would personally prefer that we have the ATF and FBI that we presently have, then no ATF or FBI at all (but that's me).
gpthelastrebel
Fri Aug 14 2009, 06:53PM

Registered Member #1
Really???? What if that had been you family or your church? Each and every one who took part in that massacre should be slowly lowered into boiling tar starting with the Reno.

So you are all for wire taps spying on each other and that sort of thing? If they were that good why did two of our towers get knocked down? To me it is just another freedom lost. It may seem trite, but we can no longer fish on or near some piers that we were allowed to before 9/11

Nothing there but seagulls, and it is not Like one man and his grandkids are gonna blow the place up and scatter seagull feathers all over the place, but that is how this strong central government works.

GP

GP
8milereb
Sat Aug 15 2009, 03:10PM

Registered Member #2
And you better watch out our current administration wants you to spy on your neighbors and report things that may seem fishy that is if you are speaking out against said current admin...talking about brown shirts...we are talking Gestapo stuff here..
gpthelastrebel
Sat Aug 15 2009, 04:47PM

Registered Member #1
I am gonna stop here, it starts getting to political and we should avoid those arguments.

GP

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF