Click To Show - Guests: 4

Last Seen

gpthelastrebel Fri 02:09
Patrick Fri 16:05
Robray Wed 14:28
D. L. Garland Wed 18:09
dong fang Mon 01:55
Forums
Southern Heritage Advancement Preservation and Education :: Forums :: General :: General Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Is "history" getting set to repeat itself?
Moderators: gpthelastrebel, Patrick
Author Post
Lady Val
Sat Mar 13 2010, 11:48PM
Registered Member #75
Below is an article from World News Daily. The article is copyrighted, but only part of it has been posted. A link to the entire article is placed at the end. It is interesting to note that stirrings of nullification and secession are rising again as the "federal" (national) government sees fit to ignore the will of the People and the States and rule without the consent of the governed - or at least a large segment of the governed. But, of course, this is not all. The rampant corruption in Washington (on both sides of the aisle) as well as the primacy of special interest groups and the belief by many Americans that the security of the country is at risk is leading slowly but inexorably to yet another confrontation between the Hamiltonian "collectivists" and the Jeffersonian "democrats" (with a small "d"). Perhaps this time Jefferson will prevail.

WND Exclusive HOMELAND REBELLION
State plan fines feds $2,000 over gun rules
2 years in jail also possible for agent enforcing U.S. regulations on firearms
Posted: March 13, 2010 - 12:20 am Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

Wyoming has joined a growing list of states with self-declared exemptions from federal gun regulation of weapons made, bought and used inside state borders – but lawmakers in the Cowboy State have taken the issue one step further, adopting significant penalties for federal agents attempting to enforce Washington's rules. According a law signed into effect yesterday by Democratic Gov. Dave Freudenthal, any agent of the U.S. who "enforces or attempts to enforce" federal gun rules on a "personal firearm" in Wyoming faces a felony conviction and a penalty of up to two years in prison and up to $2,000 in fines.

WND reported just days ago when Utah became the third state, joining Montana and Tennessee, to adopt an exemption from federal regulations for weapons built, sold and kept within state borders. A lawsuit is pending over the Montana law, which was the first to go into effect. But Wyoming's law goes further, stating, "Any official, agent or employee of the United States government who enforces or attempts to enforce any act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United States government upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, shall be subject to imprisonment for not more than two (2) years, a fine of not more than two thousand dollars ($2,000.00), or both."

Gary Marbut of the Montana Shooting Sports Association, who has spearheaded the Montana law, now describes himself as a sort of "godfather" to the national campaign. He said the issue is not only about guns but about states' rights and the constant overreaching by federal agencies and Washington to impose their requirements on in-state activities. He said South Dakota, Oklahoma, Alaska and Idaho also appear to be close to adopting similar legislation, and several dozen more states have proposals in the works.

For the whole story go to http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=127787
gpthelastrebel
Mon Mar 15 2010, 02:26PM

Registered Member #1
LOL LOL Yes the wheel turns. Went to a Tea Party meeting wearing a SHAPE shirt with the Battleflag being displayed in our logo. Someone asked me why would I wear such a shirt to a Tea Party meeting. Well being myself, and feeling a bit cocky, I went on to explain the overbearing government in 1860 and how it compares as to the government today. the person I was speaking to agreed. I finished up with "Now you know why my ancestors fought"

History lesson complete.

GP

[ Edited Wed Mar 17 2010, 05:07PM ]
8milereb
Wed Mar 17 2010, 02:15AM

Registered Member #2
Outstanding George! I'm trying to find mine in this pile of heap in my house to wear to one next week, and again on Tax Day Tea Party. I will use your lead, as I expect the same "curiosity"..LOL
gpthelastrebel
Wed Mar 17 2010, 05:08PM

Registered Member #1
I sure several people will look at you as some sort of freak or nut!!! LOL LOL LOL

GP

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF