Click To Show - Guests: 7

Last Seen

gpthelastrebel Mon 01:07
Patrick Fri 16:05
Robray Wed 14:28
D. L. Garland Wed 18:09
dong fang Mon 01:55
Forums
Southern Heritage Advancement Preservation and Education :: Forums :: General :: General Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Winn Dixie pulls Confederate Flag cake
Moderators: gpthelastrebel, Patrick
Author Post
gpthelastrebel
Wed Sep 01 2010, 05:33PM

Registered Member #1
http://www.news4jax.com/news/24765422/detail.html

The most offensive part is not the fact the cake was pulled but the comments that were made. I wrote Winn-Dixie a letter and i encourage everyone else to do the same. here is contact info--

Winn-Dixie #199
703 CHAFFEE RD.
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32221
Phone Number: 904-693-4404

Corporate Headquarters:
You can leave comments at http://www.winndixie.com/Contact_Us/Contact_Us.asp or you can call 1-866-WINN-DIXIE (1-866-946-6349) Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 8:00pm EST, and Saturdays from 9:00am to 4:00pm EST

If you contact Winn-Dixie through their webiste you will need to fill all required fields including your phone number with not spaces between the area code and number.

Here is my response---

Sir or Madam,

I am highly offended by your store manager Richard Bradley's comments about the Confederate flag "To me personally, I think it's disrespectful, I know southerners got their own beliefs, white or black, but I don't like the Confederate flag at all," This is just a typical comment by someone who either has no historical education or holds a biased view of the south and our Confederate heritage.

The same goes for Winn Dixie spokesman Robin Miller who made the following statement: "This issue was an error in judgment and has been corrected." Judgment error??? What if this had been an United States Flag and I was offended, would that also be a judgment error? I am sure you are aware the Confederate flag is also an American flag ?

I will not shop at Winn-Dixie again until a formal apology is offered and made by these two historically challenged individuals and they receive some sort of unbiased education regarding the Confederate flag, what it stands for, and why the war was fought.

Regards,
George Purvis
Gulfport, Miss.

I know I said I would not shop at Winn-Dixie, but I just may go in the store and order me a Confederate Battleflag cake and a US Flag cake just to see if they refuse to make one and not the other.

GP

[ Edited Thu Sep 23 2010, 01:00AM ]
gpthelastrebel
Mon Sep 06 2010, 03:41PM

Registered Member #1
I got the old canned response from Winn_Dixie-- it is about as stale as their canned peas. I guess I didn't expect anything more, it is just I cannot let the attacks on my Southern Heritage go unchallenged.--------------

Dear George Purvis,

Thank you for contacting us. Your email has been forwarded to the appropriate
department for handling. Have a wonderful day and thank you for shopping at Winn-
Dixie.

Case #:1116502

[ Edited Thu Sep 23 2010, 01:03AM ]
gpthelastrebel
Thu Sep 23 2010, 01:03AM

Registered Member #1
Well I haven't heard from these PC folks after my second comment on theeir website. I'll try again in a day or so. Ifbthey think by drawing back into their little shells and not responding I will leave them along and forget their comments they are sadly mistaken.

GP

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF