Click To Show - Guests: 2

Last Seen

gpthelastrebel Thu 18:01
Patrick Fri 16:05
Robray Wed 14:28
D. L. Garland Wed 18:09
dong fang Mon 01:55
Forums
Southern Heritage Advancement Preservation and Education :: Forums :: General :: General Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Hospital Makes Veteran Take Down His Confederate Flag
Moderators: gpthelastrebel, Patrick
Author Post
gpthelastrebel
Fri Apr 15 2011, 09:04PM

Registered Member #1
Hospital Makes Veteran Take Down His Confederate Flag

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-flag-flap-at-veterans-hospital,0,4525841.story

It is my opinion that we should flood the hospital with cards, books, letters, and gifts to show our support for this American veteran.

DO NOT SEND FOOD.

Send your gift to the following address--

PERRY A. THRASHER
111-2
Spinal Cord Unit 1-West
c/o VA Medical Center
1030 Jefferson Ave
Memphis, TN 38104

If someone knows of a good history book for the offended nurse, please send that also. My gift will be in the mail Monday.

GP

[ Edited Sun Apr 17 2011, 01:25PM ]
gpthelastrebel
Mon Apr 18 2011, 07:12PM

Registered Member #1
I am sending a Confederate flag blanket I purchased at Beauvoir today. This blanket is being sent in the name of SHAPE. Please send you cards and letters ASAP.

I will be sending some laws to the hospital admin as soon as I can get a name and address. Will also be contacting my Congressman and Senators

GP
gpthelastrebel
Tue Apr 19 2011, 03:49PM

Registered Member #1
My letter to my all my reps--

Sir,
I would very much appreciate you looking into this issue regarding the VA Hospital in Memphis, Tn. http://www.wreg.com:80/news/wreg-flag-flap-at-veterans-hospital,0,4525841.story

This is regards to the VA administration making a patient remove his Confederate Battleflag. I understand it is the policy of the Veterans Administration not to allow any other flag inside the hospital except the United States flag. Need I remind you that the Confederate veterans are also recognized as American veterans? There have been several resolutions passed that say as much. I can send you these resolutions upon request.

If indeed the nurses are offended, please show me where they have a right not to be offended. They should be removed from their jobs. If not then at the very minimum they should be required to take a non biased history course before they can gain Federal employment. They should learn to employ their own buzzwords such as tolerance, respect, understanding.

I would very much appreciate you looking into this matter and perhaps consider a Veterans Administration policy change. I would also very much appreciate an answer.

Best Regards,
George Purvis

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF