Click To Show - Guests: 9

Last Seen

gpthelastrebel Wed 15:26
Patrick Fri 16:05
Robray Wed 14:28
D. L. Garland Wed 18:09
dong fang Mon 01:55
Forums
Southern Heritage Advancement Preservation and Education :: Forums :: General :: General Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
OLE BEDFORD'S 12TH ANNUAL BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION AT FORT DIXIE - JULY 9, 2011 - Y'ALL COME!
Moderators: gpthelastrebel, Patrick
Author Post
gpthelastrebel
Sun Jun 26 2011, 02:43PM

Registered Member #1
TO ALL: Please forward to ALL GOOD CONFEDERATES in your address book. If you receive this notice more than once, please forgive me & hit DELETE. If you wish not to receive any future messages from me, please advise and I will remove your address from my address book. Thank you!

This year is the beginning of the Sesquicentennial Commemoration and we are planning to make this kickoff year very special. We hope yawl are planning to attend the CELEBRATION of the 190th birthday of Lt. General Nathan Bedford Forrest! This is our 12th celebration...just think, in 10 more years it will be his BICENTENNIAL year! LOL!

Last year we gave away the last COLD-CAST bronze mini bust of General Forrest; however, this year we will be drawing for one of the HOT-CAST REAL Bronze mini busts that we are now offering. The hot cast bronze is identical to the cold casts pieces we had in past years; poured from the original mold, created by Paul D. Spaulding, the original sculptor of the life-size real bronze bust mounted on the granite monument in Selma. This hot cast model is mounted on a finished block of beautiful cherry wood. It is an exquisite piece of fine art which will proudly enhance any Southern home, library or office! The tickets are $2 each. If you wish to participate in the drawing & wish to receive some tickets, please notify me & I will send the page of tickets via Word Attachment; you may print them off, fill out the information, make check payable to NBF Memorial Fund & mail to me at the above address. You do NOT have to be present to win. We will have some door prizes and the auction of a few very nice selected items. Since the economy is lousy, we are just going to have a few items to auction this year, as folks are having to stretch the "worthless dollar" these days.

If you did not receive a flyer &annual newsletter in the snail mail & wish to receive them, just let me know & I will sent them via Word Attachment. Also, if you are planning to attend & need directions to Fort Dixie, please contact me & I will send directions via Word Attachment.

In spite of the lousy economy, we hope you ALL are planning to attend this special day commemorating the birth of the GREATEST military genius who ever lived. We guarantee you a day of a little Southern education, a little Southern entertainment, a little Southern cooking...and a whole lotta Southern Fellowship with the BEST Confederate folks this side of the Big Muddy!

Y'all come!
Confederately yours,
Pat Godwin
12th Annual Birthday Celebration of
Ole' Bedford!

When: Saturday, 9 July 2011
Time: 3:00 PM - til ya wanna go home
Where: FORT DIXIE
HOME OF BUTCH & PAT GODWIN
10800 COUNTY ROAD 30
SELMA, ALABAMA 36701
334-875-1690

CATFISH SUPPER & ALL THE FIXIN'S SERVED AT 6:00 PM
MASSA BUTCH WILL BE SERVING ICE COLD WATERMELON ALL DAY LONG!

Keynote Speaker: Past SCV Chaplain-in-Chief, Pastor John Weaver
also, Past SCVChaplain-in-Chief, Dr. Charles Baker will speak on the Christian Salvation of General Forrest

Entertainers: Tallassee Armory Guards Camp 1921 Band
and Southern Spirit ( Kim & Kasey)

Patricia S. Godwin
Zimbabwe on de Alabamy
a.k.a. Selma, Alabama

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF