Navigation
Forums
Moderator(s): gpthelastrebel, Patrick
Author Post
Lady Val
Fri Dec 30 2011, 02:07PM
Lady Val
Level 8 Registered Member #75 Joined: Sat Nov 01 2008, 03:22PM
There is an anti-Lincoln petition on the web found on this site: http://www.unitednativeamerica.com/hanging.html

It has to do with Lincoln's treatment of the Indians during his presidency, but his treatment of them earlier when he was merely a political factotum was also problematic. If we cannot get the truth out about Lincoln through his actions against the South because of "political correctness," why not try to do so through his treatment of the noble Native American? The idea is to get the truth about Lincoln, who and what he was, OUT to the public and this seems a good way to go. Oh, the incident is known, but like so many other things about Lincoln, it is studiously ignored. I even read one ACW magazine which suggested that Lincoln "saved" the tribe because he only hanged 303 of them instead of the over 1,000 scheduled to be executed! That's how screwed up this nation is with regards to Abraham Lincoln! Edited Fri Dec 30 2011, 02:09PM
gpthelastrebel
Fri Dec 30 2011, 02:15PM
gpthelastrebel
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Tue Jul 17 2007, 02:46PM
"that Lincoln "saved" the tribe because he only hanged 303 of them instead of the over 1,000 scheduled to be executed!"

Sounds about right!!!

GP
Lady Val
Mon Jan 02 2012, 03:27PM
Lady Val
Level 8 Registered Member #75 Joined: Sat Nov 01 2008, 03:22PM
Apologize for a mistake. The information was presented rather badly, but originally, over a thousand Indians were supposed to be hanged if they are correct. This number was reduced to 303 and that number was further reduced to between 20 and 30 (I am not sure of the exact number). In any event, it was still the largest mass hanging in American history, but I prefer to be accurate, it was NOT 303.
gpthelastrebel
Mon Jan 02 2012, 04:40PM
gpthelastrebel
Main Admin Registered Member #1 Joined: Tue Jul 17 2007, 02:46PM
Thanks Val.

Not sure if the petition will go far. I read some of the comments and they really should be cleaned up. I did try to write the owner of the petition, but my email bounced back.

GP

Go to: