Forums
Moderators: gpthelastrebel, Patrick
Author Post
gpthelastrebel
Fri Apr 22 2022, 07:15PM

Registered Member #1
(Address removed)

Congress-- Senator (insert name)

We the members of Shieldsboro Rifles Sons of Confederate Veterans, Camp 2263 strongly urge you to vote against these bills if they make it out of the committee and come up for vote.

https://www.congress.gov/117/bills/hr671/BILLS-117hr671ih.pdf
H. R. 671
To conduct a special resource study of Fort Pillow Historic State Park
in Henning, Tennessee, and for other purposes.
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
FEBRUARY 1, 2021

Mr. RUSH introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee
on Natural Resources

If you are not aware of the full content of this bill you may read it here--- BILLS-117hr671ih.pdf (congress.gov)

Most of what is presented in this bill as historical fact is not true and is easily proven by searching the Official Records at – The War of the Rebellion: Official Records of the Civil War | eHISTORY (osu.edu) https://ehistory.osu.edu/books/official-records/index?. There are many sites to use I prefer this one for ease of use. Another website to read is Bedford Forrest and the Assault on Fort Pillow - The Times Examiner: https://www.timesexaminer.com/mike-scruggs/6808-bedford-forrest-and-the-assault-on-fort-pillow?msclkid=daffc770c26f11ecb0806032a5057a0f . Note the authors credentials.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/672
H.R.672
This bill directs the Department of the Interior to establish, within the National Park Service (NPS), a program to be known as the Emancipation Historic Preservation Program to award grants to states and other eligible entities to remove a Confederate symbol; remove and replace a Confederate symbol with an alternative monument, memorial, statue, commemorative structure, symbol, or signage; remove and replace a Confederate symbol with an alternative monument, memorial, statue, commemorative structure, symbol, or signage to commemorate or depict the freedom of enslaved African Americans; and remove and transfer a Confederate symbol to a state historic preservation program.

Interior shall also provide technical assistance to eligible entities related to these activities.

None of the funds made available by this bill may be used by Interior, the NPS, or an eligible entity for the preservation, rehabilitation, restoration, reconstruction, or new construction of a Confederate symbol.

I am not sure what to say about this very biased and bigoted bill because it is wrong on so many levels. Let's just look at some real history . The Confederate fathers and grandfathers fought the Indians, and the British in the Revolution, again they fought the British in the war of 1812. They fought the Yankee invading horde in the so called Civil War. This horde came into the Southern states to kill, rape, steal, and burn anything and everything they came across. The lie the war was about freeing the slaves is not true by any stretch of the imagination--

(Mr. Buchanan's Administration on the Eve of the Rebellion : James Buchanan : https://archive.org/details/mrbuchanansadmin1866buch?msclkid=15f442ffc27011ecbf5b97c1e74617e7

Buchanan said it.

Lincoln said it.

War of the Rebellion: Serial 123 Page 0185 UNION AUTHORITIES.

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:

Whereas, in and by the second section of an act of Congress passed on the seventh day of June, in the year of our Lord eighteen hundred and sixty-two, entitled "An act for the collection of direct taxes in insurrectionary districts within the United States, and for other purposes," it is made the duty of the President to declare, on or before the first day of July then next following, by his proclamation in what States and parts of States insurrection exists:
Act to provide increased revenue from imports to pay the interest on the public debt, and for other purposes," approved August five, eighteen hundred and sixty-one, cannot be peaceably executed,

War of the Rebellion: Serial 122 Page 0311 UNION AUTHORITIES
Page 319
Again, if one State may secede, so may another; and when all shall have seceded none is left to pay the debts. Is this quite just to creditors? Did we notify them of this sage view of ours when we borrowed their money? If we now recognize this doctrine by allowing the seceders to go in peace, it is difficult to see what we can do if others choose to go, or to extort terms upon which they will promise to remain.

War of the Rebellion: Serial 122 Page 0122 CORRESPONDENCE, ETC
FELLOW-CITIZENS OF THE SENATE AND HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
And whereas since that date public property of the United States has been seized, the collection of the revenue obstructed, and duly commissioned officers of the United States while engaged in executing the orders of their superiors have been arrested and held in custody as prisoners, or have been impeded in the discharge of their official duties without due legal process by persons claiming to act under authorities of the States of Virginia and North Carolina:

(In WWI and WWII the sons and grandsons of Confederates once again answered the call to defend this country as they did in Korea, Viet Nam, Iran and Iraq, Somalia and Afghanistan. If needed we would gladly go to Ukraine. Yes Our ancestors have gave enough to this country to be remembered with honor and dignity.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/4994?s=1&r=77
HR4994

No Federal Funding for Confederate Symbols Act
This bill prohibits federal funds from being used for the creation, maintenance, or display of any Confederate symbol on federal public land or other federal property.
An exception to such prohibition is provided (1) if the use of such funds is necessary to allow for the removal of the Confederate symbol to address public safety; or (2) in the case of a Confederate symbol created, maintained, or displayed in a museum or educational exhibit.

So we just erase the memory of these brave men who were fighting because their homeland was being invaded by an aggressor force? Is that anything like we have seen before from many foreign leaders? Putin being the latest in this long line. Do we just ignore the lessons taught to us by japan, Nazi Germany, Russia and Isis. Why on earth would anyone want to destroy out heritage and history. This is the actions of the biased and bigoted that get elected to office-- nothing more.

Best Regards,
George Purvis

Approved by Don Green
Shieldsboro Commander

Roger Wicker is the only rep who has responded to date---

In response to your recent email of April 19, 2022----

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to the Rejecting and Eliminating the Foul Use of Symbols Exulting Confederate Principles Act (H.R. 672). I am glad to have the benefit of your views on this issue.

Congressman Bobby Rush (D-IL) introduced H.R. 672 in the House of Representatives on February 1, 2021. Currently the House Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands is considering this legislation. Be assured I will keep your views in mind should the Senate consider legislation affecting Confederate symbols on public lands.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever assist you.

With best wishes, I am

Sincerely yours,

Roger F. Wicker
U.S. Senate

And my response to him----

So now let's fight fire with fire. I have sent you enough info for you to start and propose a bill removing any and all images of Lincoln in the national Mall and remove his name from any federal buildings. I can also send you more information regarding the cause of the war, which was not slavery. That being the case, the NPS should change their programs to reflect the truth I can send you various sources for atrocities committed against the South including the POWs of the Confederacy. I hope that the Southern representatives stand up and demand the true facts of this war and the actions of the Union army be told.

George Purvis

[ Edited Fri Apr 22 2022, 07:30PM ]

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF