Moderators: gpthelastrebel, Patrick
Author Post
gpthelastrebel
Tue Jun 07 2022, 01:14AM

Registered Member #1
To wwilliam©gmu.edu
Sent: Tue, Apr 16, 2019 12:11 pm
Subject: WALTER WILLIAMS:

Some things to ponder about reparations (column) Mr. Williams, 4/16/19 You are a very intelligent man and I enjoy reading your columns when possible. However, I must respond to your statement in the St. Clair Times in which you said, "What about descendants of Northern whites who fought and died in the War of 1861 in the name of freeing slaves?" Come on Mr. Williams. Surely you know the War of Northern Aggression had nothing to do with slavery. There is ample proof of this. If the War was about "freeing the slaves", as is taught in the government indoctrination centers, I wish that someone would explain to me why the North did not first free the more than 429,000 slaves still in bondage (1860 census) in the Union AFTER the Southern States seceded. Are we to actually believe that the North was on some righteous and moral campaign to end slavery in the South while still holding onto it in the North? It just doesn't make sense. Why did the South turn down the offer of the Corwin Amendment, approved by Lincoln, which would have forever enshrined slavery in the Constitution? The Crittenden-Johnson Resolution, as well as Lincoln's own words, state that the War had nothing to do with slavery. Why did Lincoln countermand General Fremont's orders of emancipating slaves in Missouri and have them returned to their masters? Simon Cameron, Lincoln's Secretary of War, wrote to General Butler in New Orleans, "President Lincoln desires the right to hold slaves to be fully recognized. The war is prosecuted for the Union, hence no question concerning slavery will arise". Lincoln's illegal and unconstitutional war was waged upon a people who posed no threat so that the continued collection of excessive tariffs might be made. He threatened in his first inaugural address the use of force against the seceded States to collect these tariffs. The South had 1/3 of the population, yet it was paying 85% of the federal revenues. These revenues were of great benefit to Northern railroads, industry, and bankers, but very little of it was aiding the South. It was wealth redistribution. Lincoln's war was about looting the South of its natural resources, wealth redistribution, squashing States' Rights, and creating a huge centralized government, the same government we are still shackled with today. His army looted, raped, murdered, and burned their way across the South committing numerous atrocities upon innocent civilians. The same cannot be said of the Confederate army. The truth of Lincoln is not taught in our schools. They have taught that he is the "Great Emancipator", but his Emancipation Proclamation freed not one solitary soul. To prove this, all one needs to do is to read it. He was a tyrant, despot, and dictator who shut down over 300 Northern newspapers and arrested thousands of people as political prisoners, holding them in prison for simply voicing their displeasure with his illegal war. Thousands of letters written by Confederate soldiers speak of fighting for independence and defending their homes and families from the invaders. None speak of fighting to "protect slavery". Only about 3% of Confederate soldiers owned slaves, so what were the other 97% fighting for? So a few rich people could keep their slaves? I don't think so. To this email I am attaching a paper entitled "Answering the Myths" which refute the common myths which have been taught since Reconstruction. We must get away from this false narrative of "the war was all about slavery" and educate people with the truth. Government "education", Hollywood, the media, and politicians have created the false narrative and continue to lay the blame for American slavery at the feet of the South, when it was the New England slave traders who built the ships, traded for their cargoes of slaves, and brought them to America, selling them to both Northerners and Southerners, all while flying Old Glory high on their masts. No Confederate flag ever flew on a slave ship. Also, we are never told about the many free blacks in the U.S. who owned slaves. Strange how this little fact gets left out of the "history" books. Again, I enjoy your writings and appreciate the good information you put out there.

Sincerely, Jeff Paulk Tulsa, OK

[ Edited Tue Jun 07 2022, 01:15AM ]

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF