D. L. Garland Wed 18:09
dong fang Mon 01:55
Forums
Moderators: gpthelastrebel, Patrick
Author Post
gpthelastrebel
Sat Jun 19 2021, 03:29PM

Registered Member #1
Want to remind everyone that Stephen Palazzo voted to change the name of all US bases with Confederate names. Now he votes for the Juneteenth Federal Holiday. He does nothing for our Confederate ancestors or our heritage. I will vote Democrat before I vote for him again.

Who are the 14 House Republicans who voted against a Juneteenth holiday? And why? Yahoo.Com

[ Edited Sat Jun 19 2021, 03:32PM ]
gpthelastrebel
Tue Aug 23 2022, 11:11PM

Registered Member #1
I had intended to post this sometime back, but for other reasons it slipped my mind. I know it is late and Palazzo lost his reelection bid but here goes.

Sir,
I am assuming that you do need have your memory refreshed as to what our discussion is about. To touch on briefly it was about the NDAA of 2020 which changes the names of anything related to the US military named after a Confederate.

While I appreciate your response, as canned as it might seem, there are still a couple of facts I would like to address.

1.You say you are a veteran. Do you think that qualifies you to hold public office? If that is a qualification, there are millions of men and women who qualify. I do appreciate your service, but being a veteran gives you no special considerations. It does not guarantee votes. Job performance in office gets the votes. Cindy Hyde-Smith is not a vet, at least it is not mentioned in her bio, yet she stand up for CONFEDERATE VETERANS. Remember the same thing that happened in Georgia could happen in Mississippi.

2.You say Trumps veto of the NDAA would weaken the military. I have my doubts about that statement. See Donald Trump signs new defense policy bill that rebuilds military, boosts troop pay - Washington Times . If the statement is true that Trump would weaken the military by not signing the 2020 bill why did he make the effort to rebuild just to weaken the defense forces?

3.Here is why Trump vetoed the bill. This came from CNN at Trump vetoes $740 billion NDAA defense bill (cnbc.com) --- “Unfortunately, the Act fails to include critical national security measures, includes provisions that fail to respect our veterans and our military’s history, and contradicts efforts by my administration to put America first in our national security and foreign policy actions,” Trump wrote in a lengthy statement to Congress.”

Now in the same article Schumer makes this statement which is typical of Democrat thinking---“Donald Trump just vetoed a pay raise for our troops so he can defend dead Confederate traitors,” Democratic leader Sen. Chuck Schumer wrote on Twitter, highlighting one of Trump’s issues with the must-pass defense bill.”

Schumer cannot prove treason. He is ignorant of history.

Now you know why I sent you the bill making Confederate soldiers US veterans.

4.You know as well as I do these things named after Confederates have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with national defense. So my question remains why did you vote for this portion of this bill? Could it be the fact that the Civil War Soldiers and Sailors system lists no PALAZZO as serving in the war Of Yankee Aggression? Neither does Fold3. So I gather your ancestors did not get here until the war was over. It is no wonder you will not stand up for our Southern heroes.

With Republicans siding with Democrats to take down anything Confederate why should I vote Republican and not Democrat. At least I know their agenda.
gpthelastrebel
Tue Aug 23 2022, 11:12PM

Registered Member #1
I did follow up with a "I told you so" comment to his website------

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF