Click To Show - Guests: 2

Last Seen

gpthelastrebel Wed 15:26
Patrick Fri 16:05
Robray Wed 14:28
D. L. Garland Wed 18:09
dong fang Mon 01:55
Forums
Southern Heritage Advancement Preservation and Education :: Forums :: General :: Did You Know

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Quote by former US Navy Secretary
Moderators: gpthelastrebel, Patrick
Author Post
8milereb
Thu Nov 22 2007, 03:01PM

Registered Member #2
"To tar the sacrifices of the Confederate soldier as simple acts of racism, and reduce the battle flag under which he fought to nothing more than the symbol of a racist heritage, is one of the great blasphemies of our modern age."
~ James Webb, former U.S. Navy Secretary
gpthelastrebel
Thu Nov 22 2007, 03:54PM

Registered Member #1
Mark, Remind me to include this in with the project I am building in the members site. I think this is a great quote.

GP

[ Edited Wed Jun 18 2008, 04:25PM ]
8milereb
Thu Nov 22 2007, 04:14PM

Registered Member #2
Will do, I also should have mentioned he is a US Senator.

Get a chance read his book (1 of 5) Born Fighting, How the Scots-Irish Shaped America
Bill of Virginia
Wed Jun 18 2008, 03:05PM
If this is Sen. Jim Webb of Virginia I would like to remind you of the instance where he refused to shake the hand of United States president George W. Bush.

gpthelastrebel
Wed Jun 18 2008, 04:24PM

Registered Member #1
Bill ,

Haven't heard that story, please do tell. BTW Mark is vacationing again!!!! They do not have internet connection at his dads place, at least that is what I understand.

GP
8milereb
Sun Jul 13 2008, 04:00PM

Registered Member #2
Bill of VA, yes same man former Navy SEC now US Senator of VA, and I have never heard of this incident and it does disturb me regardless of party affiliation and the fact that Webb considered running for President himself and is a Democrat. Through all of this I will take his quote to the bank with me and hold him to it for the rest of his natural life if he too ever considers to flip flop. I guess I could come back and ask why is our Nation stumbling over themselves to elect a President who refuses to honor our Nations flag, our Pledge and National anthem, among an entire list of other not so patriotic positions, saying he does not want to offend anyone? Or we suppose to honor this man and shake his hand if God forbid he is elected?
Carolyn
Sun Jul 20 2008, 11:12AM
I wonder when Sen. Webb made that statement. It is really a good statement. Not long ago, I heard something about Jim Webb's comments on the Confedereacy being discussed on FOX News; but I missed most of the discussion.

And, Mark, as far as your comments on "our Nation stumbling........" - those are my exact worries. "Stumbling over themselves" is exactly what is happening. Never ever did I believe that I would see the time come in this Nation when people would vote for a leader of the greatest country in the world and not know what that person stood for, what principles the man stood on - and even worse than that, if it could get any worse - but, to be afraid to ask or is it that they are so brainswashed that they don't even know they should seek out those answers? Then, when the polls open . . . . . . . .

Carolyn
gpthelastrebel
Sun Jul 20 2008, 06:44PM

Registered Member #1
Carolyn,

Like you I cannot believe what is going on. This election and the two that are left is just mind boggling.

GP
Carolyn
Mon Jul 21 2008, 01:57AM
I know, George. It worries us a lot.

I did a search on the James Webb comments. It's there in several places. And you can read about his meeting with President Bush at a White House gathering (mentioned above). The article stated that President Bush walked over to Sen. Webb and asked how his boy was doing and Sen. Webb responded that he wanted to get him out of Iraq - to which President Bush told him that was not what he asked him - that he had asked how his boy was.

Of course there are a couple of versions to what happened.

Carolyn

[ Edited Mon Jul 21 2008, 01:58AM ]

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF