D. L. Garland Wed 18:09
dong fang Mon 01:55
Forums
Moderators: gpthelastrebel, Patrick
Author Post
gpthelastrebel
Tue Jan 18 2011, 08:34PM

Registered Member #1
Need names of Black Confederates for new website. Even if you are not sure that is OK. I have a SHAPE member willing to do lookups.

All help appreciated.

GP

[ Edited Tue Jan 18 2011, 08:35PM ]
gpthelastrebel
Fri Jan 21 2011, 04:08PM

Registered Member #1
Finding some very good info doing this research. Some of my references I will use on other websites. Anyone who has the time and wish to get more involved let me know. I can provide you with names I need more info on. Contact me by email-- gpthelastrebel©cableone.net.

Will be getting info from Tennessee soon, and this may be the first pages I get up, since I am ordering info from their archives

GP

[ Edited Fri Jan 21 2011, 04:10PM ]
randy ritchie
Tue Jan 25 2011, 01:42PM
Registered Member #3
george, nelson wibush from florida is a black member of the scv. the tampa bay sun did a nice write up on him several years ago. dont recall his confederate ansestor though.may can do a google.
gpthelastrebel
Tue Jan 25 2011, 08:49PM

Registered Member #1
I have him. Not gonna use him until later. I need those in units from any state that can be verified easily. I also need the lesser know who may or may not be on the web. The most documented men are easy enough to find.

I have several names from Louisiana I am working on now. Could use any and units that may have been at 1st Bull Run.

GP
Anonymous
Wed Jun 29 2011, 08:32AM
I have two possible names of black Confederates:

1) Turner Hall (born in 1840) was an orderly for Robert E. Lee (this was reported in the "Hugo Daily News" (Oklahoma) on Aug. 28th and 29th, 1941).

2) Bill Yopp (black Confederate Drummer). Sorry, but I don't recall where I obtained this name. I'll look through my notes to see if I can find the source for his name.

Rebelrose
gpthelastrebel
Wed Jun 29 2011, 01:14PM

Registered Member #1
I have hard of Bill Yopp, but not Turner Hall. Do you have a copy of the newspaper article?

Thanks,

GP
Anonymous
Fri Jul 15 2011, 03:07AM
I finally found my way back to this thread...I never claimed to be "computer literate." LOL.

Unfortunately, I do not have a "hard copy" of the newpaper article re: Turner Hall. However, I did put a copy of the posting from another forum (where I first read about Mr. Hall) in my "Favorites List," and rechecked the posting. It appears that the newspaper article (including a photo of Mr. Hall) was part of an article re: Mr. Hall, found in the USGenWeb/OKGenWeb/CountyArchive/CountyQueries. It appeared under the OKCHOCTA (Choctaw County Oklahoma Genealogy) thread. (This is the information listed on the posting that I saved in my "Favorites List").

Apparently, Mr. Hall was the honoree of a celebration of his 101st birthday, organized by the citizens of Hugo, Oklahoma...his home at the time. The article mentioned that Mr. Hall had also appeared on an NBC program in New York City re: his lifetime experiences.

I hope this information is of help. If I can find anything additional re: Mr. Turner Hall...I'll let you know.

Rebelrose
Anonymous
Fri Jul 15 2011, 03:16AM
BTW...why am I still listed as "Guest," instead of "Member," on this forum. I thought when I applied for membership in S.H.A.P.E., I had been accepted. What gives?
gpthelastrebel
Fri Jul 15 2011, 04:52AM

Registered Member #1
I show you listed as member #156 on both the user pages and the members section. Do you sign in each time you post?

GP
Anonymous
Sat Jul 16 2011, 06:46AM
Okay, you "got me!" LOL. I must confess that I have not been signing-in each time I visit S.H.A.P.E. I am accustomed to simply clicking-on the website, of whatever forum group I am a member of, and being automatically signed-in. I'll try to remember to officially sign-in from now on. Thanks for the clarification.

Rebelrose
gpthelastrebel
Sat Jul 16 2011, 01:38PM

Registered Member #1
Won't swear to it but I think there is a "remember me" box you can click and not have to sign in each time. It should be on the left side of the page.

GP

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF